Happy to see you again, Port Jefferson! Let’s start this Wednesday with everything you need to know in Port Jefferson today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly sunny. Top: 61, bottom: 42.
Here are the best stories today in Port Jefferson:
- New whiskey bar in Port Jeff to try in winter: At Whiskey Barrel in Port Jefferson and Whiskey Neat in Patchogue, which opened in late spring, there are dozens of choices – but each place has its own personality and clientele. The pours range from 5 shots of blended whiskey (think Jack Daniels or Jameson) to flights and whiskeys served neat (no ice) or over ice, some of which cost hundreds of dollars a glass. (News day)
- Thanksgiving trip: AAA predicts blocked roads and airports as we wait for the Thanksgiving vacation. The just released travel forecast predicts a rebound, saying things could look like pre-pandemic levels and travelers are paying the highest prices at the pump in eight years. Opening the United States to fully vaccinated foreign travelers will also increase the number of vacationing travelers. (News12)
- Port Jeff Ice Skating Opens Soon: Are you ready to show off your ice skating moves and acrobats? Or just laugh and have a good time with your family and friends while trying to stay still? Port Jeff Ice Skating will be open for the season on November 26th. For more information, click on the link. (Therinx)
- Off-duty Suffolk policeman dies in Selden crash: Vincent Pelliccio, 30, from Ronkonkoma, was driving a 2021 Jeep northbound on Nicolls Road near West Road at 12:40 a.m. when his vehicle crashed, Suffolk police said. He was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital where he was pronounced dead. (News day)
Today’s Port Jefferson Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Port Jefferson:
- MS / HS PTSA Meeting – Port Jeff School District. (All day)
- Mobile Food Pantry Van – Comsewogue Library. (10h)
- Meet Teens – Port Jefferson Library. (4 p.m.)
- Meet the Art: Navajo Weaving – Port Jefferson Library. (6.30 p.m.)
- PowerPoint Basics – Port Jefferson Library. (6.30 p.m.)
Port Jefferson Patch Book
- Join the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce for the annual Santa Claus parade on Sunday, November 28 at 3 p.m. The location is Main Street, Port Jefferson Village. (Facebook)
- Port Jefferson Free Library was nominated for Best of LI 2022. If you want to vote for PJFL, choose Education, Public Library and search for PJFL. Many thanks to our wonderful community! (Facebook)
- Once again The village of Port Jefferson participates in Toys for Tots. Please donate new, unwrapped toys and make a difference in a child’s life this Christmas. Drop off at the town hall or in the village center before December 8. (Facebook)
- Grand Port Arts Council Jeff-Northern Brookhaven welcomes everyone in the sweet month of November, the season of the senses. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with another update. If you resent these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Mariposa Ministry”, a non-profit family support program. her favorite quotes are “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Email me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.